Stir and turn this recipe frequently while cooking
- Heat 2 TBS oil in a frying pan.
- Add tiny bits of leftover meat and vegetables.
- Add one raw egg, mixed for scrambling.
- Turn and stir frequently till egg pieces cook (approx 5 mins).
- Add soy sauce and heat through (approx 10 mins).
These are a great snack or side dish, and kids love them. If your pickles are whole, slice them and add them back to the jar.
- When pickles are almost gone, save remaining pickles and juice for this recipe.
- Add to pickle jar: thinly sliced carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, etc.
- Allow to "soak" overnight.
- The longer it soaks, the stronger the flavor.
Microwaved Carrots and Onions
These vegetables come out sweet, tender, and moist. Not what you would expect from the microwave.
- Slice carrots and onions (the thinner they are, the quicker they cook)
- Add veggies to a glass baking pan (make sure it fits in your microwave)
- Add pats of margerine on top or in layers with veggies
- Cover and Microwave on High approx 6 minutes
- Stir, cover and cook 6 minutes longer
Tangy Green Beans
Italian dressing makes canned Green Beans flavorful and interesting. This recipe is good hot or cold.
- Drain 1 can Green Beans
- Add 1/2 Cup Italian Dressing (any brand)
- Heat (approx 10 mins on stove, or 3 minutes on Med. in Microwave)